The Voyage of Captain Obvious

Grading is satanic

Saturday, March 25, 2006

So....

This weekend, my parents are in town from the big old hometown. On one level, this is totally great, as I love my parents, and I'm very happy to be seeing them. On another level, however, it is stressful has hell.

I constantly feel like I'm letting them down, and that is the conclusion that most of our yelling matches leave me with. Multiply this with the endless drama between the various families in my general immediate family, and it creates a lot of weirdness.

Regardless, I'd like to wish a happy wedding to my cousin. I hope she finds a life of wedded bliss. And I hope to find the strength to survive this weekend.

2 Comments:

  • At 28 March, 2006 16:52, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    *HUGS* You are not a disappointment to your parents. Graduate school is just a soul sucking experience, and I am told there is light at the end of the tunnel.

     
  • At 29 March, 2006 20:38, Blogger Valatan said…

    Thanks, I needed to hear that. As it turns out, things worked out really well this weekend.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home