The Voyage of Captain Obvious

Grading is satanic

Thursday, October 06, 2005

That's more like it

That was a fun game to watch. I saw the event at a local bar. Sat next to a very friendly Astros fan. He was cheering for the padres for the sake of having the Astros play them in the NLCS (no hard feelings for that).

I like watching these type of relative "small ball" games. No huge innings, and simply a couple of mistakes hurting the padres. Astacio looked terrified of Albert. He seemed to alternate weirdly between being quite poised and being rediculously erratic. Both me and my Astros fan stranger agreed that the Padres' catcher was horrendously awful at blocking the plate. Unfortunately for him, and wonderfully for me, this deficiency resulted in two cardinals runs. Eckstein looked better to me than his stats probably indicate. finally, thank fucking god that the bullpen stabilized somewhat. Finally, Mulder lived up to his swamp gas reputation. He scattered those hits like crazy, and got plenty of double plays. Astros fan was amazed at this. I was impressed, but I guess I've been spoiled by recent years watching these cardinals teams.

next: the moment I've been dreading--Cards vs. Woody in the postseason. And of course, it has to be el beardo vs. Woody. I think I just have to hope that woody only goes six, and the cards bats come alive against the pads 'pen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home