The Voyage of Captain Obvious

Grading is satanic

Saturday, March 03, 2007

So... is grad school ever going to end?

I am about to finish a paper that I've been working on for over six months. I've been trying to present results on this for a while, but the presentation keeps on getting pushed back. On one level, I just want to finish all of this nonsense and forget that it ever happened. On another level, I almost feel that there is no point to it: I feel like grad school is just going to continue forever, and that I'm going to finally get my degree when I'm fifty, go do five years of postdoc, and finally reach tenure at seventy five, and retire five years later, at which point I will immediately die.


Obviously, this discourages me from doing anything, which continues the horrible, horrible cycle.


My students are already terrifyingly young.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home